how much traffic is going to my site

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Irony of Modern Conservative Tenets

My thoughts on what it means to be a conservative are apparently at odds with not only the GOP, but the rest of the country as well. When considering conservative mandates, I envision fiscal responsibility, a balanced national budget, reasonable trade deficits (or dare I dream, surpluses), a healthy economy and profitable, diverse employment for the bulk of the population. Adherence to Constitutional ideals, such as separation of Church and State, and limiting government reach to what is absolutely necessary for fair and balanced treatment of all citizens while performing those socially mandated tasks at the highest attainable efficiency. Minimizing waste, keeping taxes low, and managing civil infrastructure to the benefit of the public at large. Foreign diplomacy which respects other cultures and the precepts of fair and equitable trade.

Yet apparently the modern NeoCon conservative playbook embraces record setting amounts of fraud, waste, avarice, and ineptitude; a government literally gorged with incompetent cronies and hack political contributors, record breaking deficits and trade imbalances, pork-barrel - nay, even criminal - privatization of public services. A total lack of honorable diplomatic considerations, and in fact, lies and deceptions which harm foreign nation's inhabitants as well as our own due to overt fear-mongering and hate-speak which is tantamount to corporate war profiteering from the misery of others. Criminal conspiracies and perverted judiciaries which unfairly condemn average citizens to lives of misery. Imperialism and pandering to subverted, malicious religious interests is the frosting on the NeoCon cake of hypocrisy.

This is this the party of "compassionate conservatism?" The malignant faction which has amply demonstrated the utter failure of raw, unbridled capitalism to fulfill national needs? Is it any wonder the Republican party is falling faster than Skylab, and is destined to the same fiery end? Is this the sad remanent of the party of Eisenhower?

Apparently, and if so, Good Riddance!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Know, where ya been? You were going to tell me more about why I am having the "violation" crap pop up on my youtube faves. I didn't know how to contact you because I hadn't seen you post recently and can't remember what night you said you'd tell me about it.

Sun Mar 11, 05:50:00 AM  
Blogger Interrobang said...

Liberal is the new conservative. Welcome to the club. :)

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I'm usually yammering politically, although I'm not entirely sure if I could be accused of being a "partisan," since I'm approximately as likely to take off after a political party I will (or might) vote for as one I won't (or wouldn't). The reason I say "might" or "wouldn't" is that I definitely have political opinions about places in which I can't legally vote, and I might have a candidate preference, even if I couldn't vote for the person in question. (Case in point, I love me some Henry Waxman, but I'll never vote for him, since I am not moving to the US. No offense intended, but I like it here.)

Wed Mar 14, 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

You're welcome, Interrobang.
While I've about had enough of both of these idiotic US political parties and their pandering ways, here is to Waxman "waxing" some corrupt butt. It is so bad I've considered moving to Canada or New Zealand - I hear Vancouver is nice this time of year. Fearing the US economy is about to take a decidedly downward turn, I refuse to be caught up in paying for the profiteering and war-mongering of the current administration with my hard earned, yet deteriorating, dollars.
Cheers!

Wed Mar 14, 03:23:00 AM  
Blogger @Belmocards said...

There is nothing in the Constitution about separation of church and state. That is a myth.

Sat Nov 01, 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Sure there is, but you could argue the semantics.

Either way, however, the last thing I want influencing the task of "management of civic infrastructure" is yet another thieving, hypocritical, snake oil salesman televangelist.

Sun Nov 02, 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger David McEldowney said...

Here's the problem, dude. The Republican party hasn't had a real conservative in the spotlight lately. Amnesty? Thats not a conservative ideal, Pres. Bush and Sen. John McCain. These fools are getting elected for whatever reasons. The concept that "liberal is the new conservative" is completely bogus and stupid. Liberal is liberal, conservative is conservative. The only thing that changes is what liberals and conservatives call themselves. Some liberals are calling themselves Democrats, some are calling themselves Republicans. However, all of the conservatives are calling themselves Republicans. If you need any evidence of wasteful spending from the liberal side, just look at the new spendulus package that is getting signed by Obama.

Tue Feb 17, 01:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home