how much traffic is going to my site

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Monkeys With Sticks

I don't generally watch mainstream TV news, but I happened across the Scarborough Country on MSNBC tonight. My reward was a splitting headache and a general queasiness after 20 minutes. Here is a man who, not long ago, was hawking the war on Iraq. Now he seems to have reversed his position on Iraq, but is now ginning up public acceptance for a war with Iran - even if by proxy through Israel, via Nuclear exchange. Ten minutes later, I'm watching two vacuous blondes discuss their materialistic aspirations. What in the hell is this stuff supposed to be? It's certainly not news, more likely hemlock for the mind and soul. If this crap represents the values of what Scarborough so unctuously refers to as "Middle America" - I'm moving the hell out of here.

Simplistic, disingenuous, narcissistic pablum - and what unfortunately fills the living rooms of million of homes across the nation under the guise of news. How this one network could air "news" hosts with views as diametrically opposite as Scarborough and Olberman defies logic.

When three cavalier talking heads begin dismissing a nuclear exchange with anyone as a foregone conclusion, repudiating diplomacy, and reporting distorted fact and out of context sound bytes as justification, I've heard all I need to hear - you psychos are crazy.

My head is still spinning...

5 Comments:

Blogger enigma4ever said...

I saw it too- I have no idea what the hell is wrong with Joe...and I also don't know why Craig Crawford is on there all the time either...MSNBC gives me a headache- I would not watch at all except for Keith Olbermann...

Now I saw you came by WS, so here is the thing- I wrote the Hurdle ( Jag ) post yesterday and put it up before dinner- and I was in a 70's mood for sure, and yes, a "car" mood....and esp. Mamas & Papas mood when I arrived over at C&L last night....now I have to give you credit- I lurk there many music nights- and just check out the music that you and Stanley put up...you both have really eclectic (great) taste.....

Now about the PinUp Girls and putting women paintings on my blog- according to Bushco we are supposed to be braindead soccer moms baking cookies ...so they are my best revenge and also a gift to everyone- so we remember that even brainey women can be well nice to look at...ah the irony....

You have a nice blog here...I think I will add you to my blogroll if that is okay ?

Sat Jan 20, 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Same here on the MSNBC thing.

As for the C&L LNMC, I ran across it a month or so ago, and having lost thousands of records to the perverted actions of the local Cobb GOP/Gingrich crowd, it was like visiting an old friend I hadn't seen in 20 years. Just HAD to hang around a while.

While I consider myself a feminist (as much as a stupid Neanderthal man can), PinUp Girls don't bother me in the least - as long as they're tastefully done. Being a past reader (of other's discards) of Playboy, I can appreciate the Vargas paintings. When in my 20s, I actually dated smart, attractive women who heralded from all over the US - then I met the NeoCon GOP and haven't seen one since. So post away!

Feel free to add me to your Blogroll. Please, I need the attention. ;-)

Sat Jan 20, 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I supposed to argue with this. No thanks but where and when is the bus leaving to "outa here" because either I want on it or I want to be at ground zero, first bomb. The living will envy the dead, no doubt about it.

Scarborough and the so called news gurus sound like a flock of geese discussing a family of hawks overhead, or is that crows? They have a small problem with enemy recognition. Now if we could get the hawks to act more like crows and wait for natural causes to kill them...

Tue Jan 23, 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole Pisut-Seals said...

hemlock for the mind and soul oh yummy!!! Get rid of your cable and just ask your friends to call you should you need to be aware of the time to go into the shelter.

Sun Jan 28, 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Ah, but if I got rid of the cable, I couldn't talk to swell people like you, Nicole. Ignore the TV and MSM, probably, but I could never do without the broadband.

Mon Jan 29, 12:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home