how much traffic is going to my site

Saturday, February 14, 2009

US Attorneys, GOP Style

US Attorney's Gone Wild!

Many of those in the general population still believe that there is justice to be had in the Courts of this country. Even those that have accepted that their local courts are often corrupt tend to believe that Federal level courts adhere to a higher standard of ethics. Unfortunately, they would be very, very wrong.

Years ago, I sued a Nixon era assistant US district attorney and his serial arsonist son. The obstruction and corruption I faced while pursuing this Emory Law school pettifogger bordered on the unbelievable, and crossed into the realm of criminal. Here is short list of some of the events that transpired during this time in their attempts to nip the case in the bud:

A supposed friend pointed me towards a local attorney who said he would file suit for false imprisonment, interference with employment, slander, libel, and malicious prosecution against a serial arsonist and his ex assistant US district attorney turned 1.9 million in 5 years school board attorney father. (As an aside, your school boards are not populated by people whose interests lie in the education of your children, but rather those who are preparing to climb the ladder of local politics and profit from cronyism.) This tool waited until 5 days before the statute of limitations expired before lazily notifying me, by mail, that he wouldn't pursue the case. This left me with little recourse but to file a complaint myself, pro se. As I left his office a fire had been set in front of my car, but the fire department was already on hand extinguishing it.

Someone, ostensibly another local attorney who turned out to have an old sign in the defendants outbuilding which was burned, sent a woman to spy on me, proclaiming that "We're gonna be friends for a long time." I ended up living in her "abandoned" apartment and she showed up once a month to collect the rent. She was supposedly a high priced call-girl - a Jewish call-girl, no less. She loved to show me her list of expenditures exclaiming that "This is what it takes to keep me in the style in which I am accustomed." Ha! If I wanted a whore, I would find one that I could pay to go away, not marry. I've never hired a hooker, and I certainly wouldn't marry one. I've had a hell of a lot prettier, saner, and more humane girlfriends than her skanky ass, and I wouldn't waste my time with the gold-digging likes of that. I have many hours of hidden camera surveillance of this lawyer-tool.

In the interim, however, I was suddenly offered a job at IBM, a job I had never solicited, nor had any desire for. The pay was insulting, and the people were tantamount to crowds of curiosity seekers and prodding asswipes. I knew what they were doing, as it was pretty hard to miss. As the expiration of the statue of limitations tolled closer, I used the lobby phone at IBM to call another attorney and was talked over by a guy on another phone loudly depicting my background and familiarity with technology to whomever was on the other end. I ignored him. Yet the day after I filed the civil complaint in the local Superior Court, they took my things from my office and dumped them in the security office and told me to "Eat shit and bark at the moon."

I went to the offices of Edwin Marger, who is now law partners with Bob Barr (Yes, THAT Bob Barr), and told him the story. He claimed to be retiring but gave me a copy of a civil complaint he had filed in another matter. I used this to model my original complaint against the defendants, as I had one day remaining. Marger, among a number of other slimy GA pettifoggers, never bothered to warn me who it was I was suing. I can only assume he thought it would be amusing to observe events unfold and confirm the utter corruption of the legal system he is part of. Also, he never retired and still practices law in Jasper, GA. Freaking asshole.

So I filed my Civil Complaint. The mailbox at the apartment I was living in (the Darlington Arms in Atlanta) was torn down and I was evicted by the alleged hooker a few days later. I got this clown's Motion for Dismissal out of the mailbox as it lay on the ground before being loaded into the back of a pickup and hauled away.

So I rented a mailbox right next to the defendant's at the Marietta post office. His wife showed up repeatedly as I retrieved my mail from this box, ostensibly in some flaccid attempt to talk me out of pursuing the suit. I didn't bother to speak as I passed within 6 inches of this breeder of heathens. They had ample opportunity to "talk" before the suit was filed, while I was in jail for an arson his son had committed, and even before their retarded kid set fire to his home and truck and then signed a perjured complaint accusing me of being on his property before the fires occurred. He lied, as did his attorney father in his twisted, bizarre attempts to accuse me of placing bombs in his cars and terrorism that never occurred. In fact, I had "relations" with his uncouth alcoholic daughter a number of times, and had numerous hour long conversations with his wife. His daughter had previously pleaded with me to "Marry me, you're a fool if you don't.", and "Kill my father and we'll run away with his money." - which I assumed would have been his life insurance proceeds. They acted and appeared to be typical middle-class GA cracker trash, and little did I realize who or what they were, or how much money this clown was bleeding from the county's coffers.

The judge that was assigned this case was also the defendant's fellow mid-60's Emory University graduate, along with a local hand surgeon, Newt Gingrich, and Tillie Fowler, Jacksonville's 4th district US representative. Motions for discovery and subpoenas were filed demanding the taking of depositions of the wife and daughter of the attorney. They never bothered to appear, and the judge refused to rule on any motions, or force their compliance. In fact, this arrogant little pussbag defendant refused to even appear at the first hearing, claiming that he had nothing further to say in the matter. I assume the previous bribes to drop the criminal indictments for 11 counts of arson were supposed to cover the civil case as well. Apparently he got his ass chewed out, as he damned sure showed up the next time, red faced and stammering.

A subpoenae ducas tecum was issued to the fire department, and after their deposition and submission of libelous letters and photos of the fires, the law firm representing the fire department was canned. Apparently they had mistakenly assumed that they were supposed to represent the law, not just connected GOP cronies.

I used the law library at Emory University to prepare my briefs and do legal research, not realizing that this was the right-wing breeding tank that all of these cretins had attended. I was threatened repeatedly by people at the school, one warning that "You had better leave this man alone or he will burn you a new asshole." My place of employment was burned to the ground days after the crony judge dismissed my civil case.

But about a week preceeding this a break in occurred at the same business and when I showed up to work one evening I was met by a shattered plate glass window and a bunch of Smyrna inbreds standing around. One of them says "Look what we found" and displays a glass cutter - a standard hardware store issue glass cutter. Like a fool, I touched the damned thing, and it is probably now enshrined in some evidence locker with my fingerprints on it. Notwithstanding the fact that only an idiot would try to cut a tempered plate glass window with a carbide wheel glass cutter. But it gets far worse.

I was living with a US Navy recruiter at the time, a friend of Cobb Chief Superior Court judge Robert Flournoy, and a girl from England. The girl had never expressed any interest in my close company until the Friday I received the unwarranted dismissal of my case. After asking what I planned to do, this person, who should have had no idea what I was even talking about, implored that "You'd better not do that, you foolish boy." She kept me away from work over the weekend (I usually went to work because of the abundance of military computers that I repaired) - the same weekend that the shop was burned to the ground, along with everything I owned. She then moved out and disappeared. Turns out that the building was owned by another local attorney and he had moved a bankrupt ex-doctor client (another Emory University graduate) into the building and was apparently intending to pull an insurance fraud scam. It all fell apart, and the doctor, the lawyer, and the school board attorney all vanished. Along with the school board superintendent. The entire school board was then dismantled.

I was left standing on the street with no income, no money, no personal possessions, no electronic test equipment, and just the clothes on my back - with the Smyrna police harassing me every time I went to work as we tried to rebuild the businesses that were destroyed.

But I filed my appeal in Appellate Court, against howling objections, and when doing so the clerk insisted that I not pay the filing fee. Right, like I'm fool enough to believe that wouldn't have rendered it null and void. And all the while, I had court deputies following me around with a hand on their service revolvers. Apparently my fabricated reputation of terrorism and mental derangement had preceded my visit. This went on all the way to the state Supreme Court.

Crooks and more crooks. Republican and Democrats. All operating in unison to destroy one man's life. Worse yet, this is just a small sampling of the shenanigans I had to put up during the fiasco.

Yet after all is said and done, after all the obfuscation, the threats, the treachery, what did they gain? The idiot serial arsonist kid is dead, the attorney's alcoholic daughter destroyed her own life, her children's and several of her subsequent male victims', the defendant attorney was left alone and jobless having moved to another city, the attorney owner of the building that burned dropped out of the practice of law, claiming that "He doesn't remember anything" while simultaneously screwing my friend out of $177,000, and his ex-doctor/arsonist client fled the country - all over pocket change. According to the wife of the SE Regional State Farm Insurance manager I talked with in South Florida, State Farm was apparently not amused. The crony Judge was promoted to the State Supreme court, along with the crony Appellate Court judge who supposedly review the case and denied the appeal - both at the same time by Zell Miller - after I moved to Florida. Makes one wonder why he acted the way he did during the Bush elections - skeletons, perhaps?

So I moved to Florida, riding around the state looking for a place to live that wasn't Jacksonville, South Georgia - rescuing stranded and broken down motorists and church buses from Minnesota while visiting zoos, wildlife parks, and beaches around the state. This effort was rewarded by wildly determined attempts to run me down on an isolated strip of I-95 in the middle of the night by a semi in Duval County, a load of concrete dumped on my windshield at 65MPH on J. Turner Butler Blvd, and some of the strangest running commentary known to man every time I went out for a beer. And even though I gave the tag number of the semi to the police and FBI, nothing was ever followed up. So I moved again, and again, and again - every time someone made a strange comment about an event they should have had no knowledge of, and not discovering until 2006 who any of these people were. And no, I'm not a "Good Republican" - there is no such animal.

The final straw in this parade of lunacy was when I returned from a trip to Atlanta to find the place I had worked at had been broken into, and the woods behind set on fire. The response from the players involved, which the fire department tried to keep me away from, was, "That's what you get for picking up a girl without a helmet." Aside from the fact that I had never done such a thing, that's a pretty stupid damned excuse for arson, fraud, etc. Even the local newspaper delivery woman had to offer her two cents when she commented that "You pissed off a bunch of crooked southern politicians." No shit! After a perilous trail of subsequent events too numerous to describe here, I moved to New Jersey.

This is your taxpayer funded court, legal, and political systems at work. There is an old bromide, "Old age and treachery beats youth and skill" - believe it! Another would be "Republicans are sub-human scum, and so are Dixiecrats."

More details with links to legal documentation here. Read it and weep for your validity as a citizen of this plutocratic country - for in their eyes, you are less than dirt. Citizen overview and judicial accountability laws should be amended to every state's constitution. The judiciary as it stands is the little noticed avenue for pay-offs for those power-mongers who want to rule the world at your expense.

3 Comments:

Blogger MamaHen said...

Hey! the comment you left on my blog the other day was fine; I hope you do not think I was offended. I've just been very slow to respond to comments or emails lately. I didn't think there was anything wrong with what you said, in fact, I appreciate all comments. Life's just had me really preoccupied and busy lately.

Sun Mar 01, 01:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I've practiced in some places that sound a little like that. Every time I think it is just not possible, something else shows me that it does indeed happen.

When I worked in Legal Aid folks who worked with me practiced in Ironton. Legal Aid attorneys were put in jail for refusing to reveal privilaged information.

One of the judges had the privilage of being portrayed by Andy Griffith in a made for TV movie, in one of his most evil incarnations (and beleive me he can be evil when he wants to be).

Sun Mar 01, 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Thanks ER. Wasn't really worried about that - just kinda withdrawing as I prepared to leave for a warmer climate. How did you like that snow you guys got?

LG, from what I hear it's all too common. The past 8 years should have proven to the populace in general that indeed, the US has the best judicial system money can buy. You also might want to check out the J.A.I.L. initiative, if you're not already familiar. I'm not familiar with the movie, however - I'll look it up. (Although I've seen some pretty convincing evil, albeit some feigned.)

Tue Mar 03, 02:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home