how much traffic is going to my site

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cape May

This is for one of the few bloggers who checks up on me occasionally:


One of the fonder memories of my summer Somewhere In NJ was of my visit to Cape May. Fantastic birding spot, and welcome respite from the terror of commuting through Camden. And amazingly enough, the coffee mug isn't from China.

Unfortunately, I now live in one of the red states south of the Mason-Dixon, after being chased around the state of Florida for 8 years by a collusive collection of right-wing cretins bent on protecting a vast collection of criminal southern GOP miscreants and their misdeeds.

Perhaps if NJ eliminated the excess of toll roads and the cold winters I would try again.

Either way, Happy New Year.

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Thanks, Dr. Know!

That's pretty sweet of you and I hope that mug is full of good strong cawfee (insert NJ accent) instead of that silly tea you southerners prefer.

;-)

"Commuting through Camden"

?

You mean you actually went back?

Tue Dec 30, 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Don't mind me, Laura, I just like the cup - and was just reminiscing about youse guys up north. ;-) I have different mugs which represent differing moods and the places I have lived. And yes, I generally keep coffee around to fill them.

As for the tea, I actually don't drink it. Even though I grew up in Atlanta, I fit in the south like a square peg in a round hole. Additionally, the women I liked were from Chicago, Baltimore, NYC and such, which made it pretty tough to live here, if you know what I mean. As a kid, I wrote to several "damned yankee" girls I met on vacation in Florida and was teased incessantly about having electricity and indoor plumbing. Ya'll Yanks can be so superior. Of course, this WAS way back in 1909. ;-)

As for the Jersey accent, I caught on pretty quick, and could do a fairly passible mimic.

Lived in Mullica Hill and worked in Blackwood. (Near Cherry Hill.) And actually, Camden was less of a problem than the flake I worked with, so yes, I went back... and forth.

Have a great New Year!

Wed Dec 31, 08:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home