how much traffic is going to my site

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Red State Revisited

Yesterday, I again made the mistake of venturing out amidst the Cobb rednecks. While most readers would criticize my actions and proclaim "Why bother?", you must understand that it is impossible to remain imprisoned in a cul-de-sac of Reich-wingers and not occasionally attempt escape. While hope springs eternal that I might actually meet someone who shares my particular progressive, realistic world views, alas, I am grossly outnumbered and this trip proved no different or less objectionable than any other. You would think that somewhere out there in this backwater county which is overflowing with 80ish IQs there would exist just one nice, single 20-40 year old female who shares my disgust of BushCo's regressive policies and total lack of diplomatic tour de force. Perhaps one that would even find me endearing enough to take home and play with for a while - if not for a lifetime. But I digress...

This day's repetitive, yet delusional theme was "We sure are lucky Bush was president when 9/11 occurred." Uh... OK. And why is that, again? So that we could embark on an imperialistic, low-priority, destabilizing invasion of Iraq to overthrow a longstanding US sock-puppet, tin-pot dictator who posed no threat to the US? So that we could pull out of Afghanistan and allow Osama Bin Forgotten and his rag-tag extremist army of dozens to escape into Pakistan? To enrage thousands of previously pro-American Iraqis into fleeing their own country, leaving the remaining agitated populace inclined to seek solace amongst previously floundering terrorist organizations worldwide? To supplant American well being and civic infrastructure by providing record profits for Halliburton, KBR, Lockheed et al?

Pick one, pick all. They each bear a striking resemblance to reality.

Cripes this place is packed with the misguided and bankrupt theological hypocrites. And the Cobb women I meet are utterly revolting, mindless clones of the most tawdry sort seen on American Idol and Girls Gone Wild. As for me, I'm gonna go try and shower the "red" off. Then it's time for a permanent vacation - far, far away from here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Captain Plaid said...

I've felt your pain Doc. There's a few prospects about town I'm sure. In fact, especially compared to my rural setting, I expect you should count your many blessings. You've got to keep your mojo going and hang where the rare gem might be about. Bookstores, Drinking Liberally or DFA or ..., causes, service opportunities, sports and recreation, etc. surely beat the bars. Talk to these classy, smart women about that fine garden plus other things of merit and you'll be going home to play in due course. Hang in there!

Wed Apr 11, 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Hmm... I never mentioned bars, yet you are likely correct. Whereas in the past I would frequent the local pet stores, campus libraries, local restaurants and such, many of these institutions have either become corporatized and no longer hold any appeal, or the ages of the patrons are far below what would be considered acceptable. Even the public libraries around here are packed with NeoCons, but considering the locality, is to be understood. It is a very long trek across the city to reach more respectable areas, or even downtown, thus I tend to hang locally. As one woman put it a few weeks back, "You are geographically undesirable."

Great - add that one to the ever growing list of deal-breakers. LOL

While this is probably not an appropriate posting for public consumption, it remains an irritant to live in a city of 7 million people and have no one to have dinner or a conversation with - at least one which does not include typing.

As for "Drinking Liberally", I had no idea what this was until I researched based upon your mention. Turns out that in the entire metro Atlanta area, the only listed meeting place is in Decatur - directly across the great divide of downtown, and thus many miles, and many traffic jams away.

And I have no idea what DFA is.?

Wed Apr 11, 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Vox Populi said...

Democracy for America.

Howard Dean ......... ?? hehe

Sat Apr 14, 01:23:00 AM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

OK - thanks VP!

Sun Apr 15, 01:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home