how much traffic is going to my site

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tracking Opinion

Click to Enlarge
Just to satisfy my curiosity, I began tracking repeat visitors to my minor little corner of the blogosphere. This map depicts the results as of this morning. As with PC-Relay, Rime, and FidoNet -- which were popular Bulletin Board System (BBS) message distribution mechanisms from the 80's which not only spanned international borders, but were harbingers of the modern Internet -- I find it fascinating to observe how the Internets have enabled otherwise silent voices to be heard above the din of mainstream media worldwide. The Tubes of knowledge are surely what will save us from the perverted agendas of governments gone mad.

4 Comments:

Blogger michael the tubthumper said...

only as long as they allow us to

Thu Apr 05, 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Captain Plaid said...

I can't get any play in Mexico, Central America, or South America for the week I've been tracking but a few folks in China have been looking. I get no love from Autralia as well. Thanks for inspiring me to track the hits.

Thu Apr 05, 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger plez... said...

i have the world map working on plezWorld as well. it is cool to see people in Europe, Asia, and Africa checking out your handiwork... and even more encouraging when you see them return! keep up the good work.

Thu Apr 05, 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Know said...

Michael, you've got that right. They're working on it currently - in the interests of National Security, don't ya know. See my previous posts concerning Gingrich, et al.

Captain Plaid, I'm surprised that I've not gotten response from AU or NZ either. As an avid reader, I say you deserve more attention than you suggest recieving.

Plez, yes it is. As well, the tracks you leave behind while surfing are something to consider. It's a data-miners wet dream. As for the good work, Thanks. But as a non-paying distraction, it falls to the bottom of the D-list in both eloquence and content. I don't really know why I bother, yet I've met more interesting people here than in "real life" here in the reddest of counties in GA. Ugghh...

Fri Apr 06, 06:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home